|Short tips are displayed below. Extensive help, FAQ and tutorial you can find in Demonstration Space or at Atlassian website.|
To add a new user to Confluence from the Administration Console:
- Go to the Confluence 'Administration Console':
- Choose Browse
Confluence Admin. The 'Administrator Access' login screen will be displayed.
- Enter your password and click
Confirm. You will be temporarily logged into a secure session} to access the 'Administration Console'.
- Choose Browse
- Select 'Manage Users' in the left-hand panel.
- Click the link 'Add User' at the top of the page.
- Enter the user's details: username, password, name and email address.
- Click 'Create'.
- To login user must be in Confluence users group. How to add a group? See Editing user detail below.
To update a user's details:
- First, go to the user management screen for the user concerned. There are two ways to do this:
- Either, go to the user's Profile;and click the 'Administer User' link on the user's profile screen.
- Or,Go to the Confluence 'Administration Console', Choose Browse > Confluence Admin.
- Select the link '*Manage Users' in the left-hand panel.
- Locate the user by doing a search on the username or the groups to which they belong.
- Click the user link.
- Now you should be able to see the user's current details and links allowing you to edit them.
- View Profile - View the user's profile.
- Edit Groups - Add or remove this user from a group.
- Edit Details - Change details such as the user's name, email address, contact details and team or department information.
Changing a user's username is not supported. See Changing Usernames for information.
- Set Password - Edit the user's password details.
- Remove - You can remove ;a user permanently if the user has not added or edited any content on the site.
- Disable - You can disable (i.e. deactivate) access for a user who has already added or edited any content on the site.
If you are Confluence Administrator, you can remove and deactivate users.You can remove a user from Confluence if they have not yet added or edited any content on the site. Such content includes pages and blog posts, and edits and comments on existing pages.You can deactivate, or disable, a user, including one who has contributed content.
- Deactivated users can no longer log in to Confluence.
- Deactivating a user will not remove the content created by them from the site.
- Deactivated users do not count towards your license count.
To remove a user:
- Go to the user's Profile and click the 'Administer User' link.
- Click 'Remove'.
To deactivate a user:
- Go to the user's Profileand click the 'Administer User link.
- Click 'Disable'